Bubblegum DAO and High Council
High Council Rules and Expectations
- High Councilors are expected to be leaders and represent both the DAO as well the project
- Treating people both inside and outside of our community with respect
- Each High Councilor will be expected to participate in the DAO discord on a regular basis and work with community members to develop ideas and proposals
- Expected workload for High Councilors will be a minimum of 2–3 hours per week
- Each High Councilor will be expected to vote on all pre-proposals
- Any High Councilor can be voted out of the High Council at any time if 5 out of 8 High Councilors vote to have them removed
- Any removal of a High Council member will have to be for a legitimate reason
How Does the DAO Work?
Platform: The platform we have chosen to operate our DAO on is Snapshot.org.
We chose this platform because it is very user friendly and it has proven success with a number of other large DAOs in the space.
Votes: The number of votes each holder gets is equal to how many Kids or Puppies they hold
1 Kid = 1 Vote & 1 Puppy = 1 Vote
- Before any proposal gets put forward for a community vote it will first go through the pre-proposal stage.
- A pre-proposal is where the High Council will have an internal vote on an idea or initiative.
- If 5 out of 8 High Councilors vote “YES” on any pre-proposal it will then become a formal proposal where the community will vote.
- Proposals will be voted on by the DAO
- If a proposal is passed the DAO will be able to spend funds in the community wallet according to the proposal they voted on.
- If a Proposal has over 50% of DAO members voting “YES” the proposal will be passed (assuming a minimum number of votes have been casted).
- For proposals that require under 5 eth in spending, a minimum of 10% of the community will need to vote in order for that proposal to be passed.
- For Proposals that require more than 5 eth in spending, a minimum of 20% of the community will need to vote in order for that proposal to be passed.
- The voting period of each Proposal will be a maximum of 5 days.
- Maximum of 1 Proposal per week
Our goals for the DAO
Bubblegum Labs has a number of goals and objectives for the DAO. The main priority is to create a self-sufficient democratic process to help determine the direction of the Bubblegum Kids and Bubblegum Puppies.
There are many different areas where the community funds can be spent and it will be at the complete discretion of the DAO to spend these funds. However, we believe there are three areas of focus that can make the largest impact:
- Talent — Use community funds to hire amazing talent to develop creative experiences and implement different marketing/media initiatives to create more brand awareness for the Bubblegum Universe.
- Alliances — Reach out to other companies, DAOs, Projects and platforms to create sustainable partnerships with other like minded projects to further our overall goal of expansion and development
- Build — Create different products and protocols that will advance the overall user experience of our project and help onboard new members into the Bubblegum family!